Wednesday 20 July 2011

How very busy indeed!

It's been very busy around this house lately, my family is moving in T minus 2 days to our new home in Brampton which has a very promising 10 foot deep swimming pool! So aside from all the packing and shuffling and organizing I've been squeezing in time for crocheting (naturally). I had made 2 hats for my adorable niece Charlotte but hadn't had the time to give them to her so finally, I got the chance yesterday when I stopped by my sister Chantelle's (who is a hard core knitter btw) for dinner with my fiancĂ©e Greg.

The first had I made for Kiddo was a Lavender (one of my favourite colours right now) toque with a flap and button sewn on. I made this one with cotton yarn and a 5.5 mm hook and is of my own creation.




I love the hat and how soft it actually is. My sister ( a total yarn snob!) was a little shocked when I told her that the yarn was cotton yarn, or kitchen/dishcloth yarn as she refers to it but I'm glad that I may have made a bit of a convert out of her. I like re-purposing items and using them in original ways... but most of the time that happens because I didn't know what the proper use of something in the first place!

Anyway, Kiddo who's just 19 month enjoyed the pretty hat



After the success of the purple hat came Charlotte's clear favourite which was my Gnome Hat! I used Acryilc worsted weight yarn from Lion Brand Yarn in Crimson because I wanted that true bright red that makes people notice those gnarly lawn ornaments. Thankfully kids bring out the good side of being a gnome lol. 

The finished product


Charlotte and Unkie Greg

And then something magical happened....

The Imagination Movers came on the TV!
 Needless to say Auntie Sam lost Charlotte's attention 

All in all it was a nice afternoon. Auntie Sam (me, that's right) played with Charlotte in the sandbox while the grown up ladies gossiped (yes... I know... I'm 24 and still relegated to the kiddie table) and kiddo loved her new hats! BTW, check out that gorgeous hair! She's 19 months old and she has longer hair than most kids in junior kinder garden! It's almost a shame to cover it all up with cute toque..... almost.

On a final note, these patterns will soon be available in my Etsy shop, www.SammyDCrochet.Etsy.com so stop on buy and support the independents!

No comments:

Post a Comment