Tuesday 19 July 2011

Inauguration Day (for a Canadian)

POP! Hear that? That was this blogs cherry, ha! Time to get to work on the good stuff :) My name is Samantha and I am 24 going on 25 and when I grow up I'd like to be a nurse either in a labour and delivery unit or a psychiatric unit, because frankly, aren't they one and the same give or take a little amniotic fluid?  I've been crocheting for a few years now, I had a few pitiful attempts at knitting which did not pan out well. They usually stopped at half made scarves with gaps and stitch switches all over them. I was probably not encouraged to keep on knitting because my sister Chantelle is just so awesome at it. She totally kicked my butt in terms of quality and quantity (rivalry? no!! who me?! never!). Knitting fell by the way side and I picked up sewing for a bit as a creative outlet but frankly it isn't number one in my heart since it's kind of difficult to snuggle up with an episode of True Blood and a Singer sewing machine in my bed. So, crocheting came back into my life and oh how happy I was! One needle, reasonable patterns, understandable stitches, and being able to call someone a Hooker and get away scott free--> I love this! I am engaged to the coolest dude ever, my fiancee Greg :) and probably in relation to that I love crocheting baby items like little hats, scarves, booties, blankies (damn natural clock thingy....), so on occassion I'll be sharing the love and putting together little contests for freebies! Freebies might be a pattern that I've made or perhaps a fuzzy little handmade item from me to you so keep checking back to stay up on all the twisted games I'll invite you to play... I mean... fun, sweet, easy, no blood or bruises games lol.

I'll be back later to post some new pics and tutorials,and generally post about my life, my dogs (I have 4!), my fiancee, family, and work etc. Oh, and crochet. I'll definately mention crochet.

Toodeloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment